This Easy S’mores Popcorn Bake Recipe is an original! It is insanely sweet and decadent. Imagine having popcorn, chocolate, s’mores, and graham crackers in one tasty snack… You don’t have to imagine for too long – follow this recipe to make it come true.
It’s a very special day here on Bobby Boyd Living. Often times I like to make dishes that I see on social media or maybe a staple from my family.
Well, I wanted to change things up and do a brand new recipe. Not from TikTok, not from my mom, but straight from the dome.
I miss going to movie theaters and spending more on the snacks than on the movie itself. Then maybe heading to the beach afterward for a bonfire and having some s’mores. But since that’s not in the cards anytime soon, I decided to take two of my favorite snacks and put them together: S’mores Popcorn Bake. That’s right. This Frankenstein recipe is insanely good.
Ingredients Needed For The S’mores Popcorn Bake Recipe
The ingredient list is sweet and simple. You can get most of the items on SALE in the grocery store.
You will need:
– Mini marshmallows
– Store-bought kettle popped corn popcorn
– Semi-sweet Nestle Toll House chocolate chips
– Lightly crushed Honey Maid graham crackers
– Unsalted butter
– Granulated sugar
– Light brown sugar
– Light corn syrup
– Kosher salt
– Baking soda
[See the recipe card for instructions on how to make the Easy S’mores Popcorn Bake]
Easy S’mores Popcorn Bake Recipe
- 2 (9 by 13) Rectangular baking pans
- High-temperature spatula
- Large bowl
- Medium saucepan
- Candy thermometer
- 5 ½ cups of mini marshmallows
- 10 cups of store-bought kettle popped corn popcorn
- 1 cups of semi-sweet Nestle Toll House chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups of lightly crushed Honey Maid graham crackers
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) of unsalted butter
- ¼ cup of Granulated sugar
- 1 cup of light brown sugar
- ¼ cup of light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon of kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- Vegetable oil cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees F. Line two non-stick 9×13 rectangular cake pans with wax paper. Set aside.
- Place the kettle popcorn, marshmallows, chocolate chips, and graham crackers in a large bowl; set aside and don’t combine yet.
- Combine the butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a medium saucepan fitted with a candy thermometer. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring until the butter is melted and the ingredients are thoroughly combined, about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Continue to boil the sugar, no longer stirring, until it reaches the firm-ball stage, 245 degrees F, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove the sugar from the heat and add salt and baking soda. Please be careful, this is very hot.
- Spray a rubber spatula with cooking spray. Immediately pour the hot sugar mixture over the popcorn mixture and, using the greased spatula, carefully fold all the ingredients together.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the prepared cake pans and press it lightly into a flat rectangular bar.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly brown and crispy and the chocolate and marshmallows are fully melted. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least 1 hour in a cool, dry place until the chocolate sets.
You can substitute the chocolate chips for any of your favorite chocolate treats. Just crush them up and use in place of chocolate chips.
Did you like this recipe? Share your thoughts with me in the comments. And if you took photos, share them on social media and tag me @bobbyboydla.
Have you seen the Deep Fried Candy Recipe yet?