These In-N-Out Keto Animal Style Fries are a taste of heaven. Topped with caramelized onion and smothered in a delicious not-so-secret sauce, this recipe makes the perfect low-carb finger food.
When you are craving In-N-Out fries, but you’re on Keto… This was the situation that inspired me to make a low-carb version of the famous In-N-Out.
If you have been with me here on Bobby Boyd Living, then you must know that I love me some comfort foods! And also a good Keto recipe to keep me on track.
I recently stumbled upon Heavenly Fan’s Keto Fries recipe, and you better believe I had to try it. And let me tell you, it is so delicious. I made them with a little Southern California twist – adding some homemade In-N-Out animal-style dressing to make it a little zesty. Highly recommend you try this out!
If you have a jar of spicy marinara sauce—homemade or storebought—sitting in your fridge, you can use it as a dipping for these fries.
Check here to learn how to make a mean marinara sauce – Stuffed Italian Marina Sausages Recipe.
I am going to keep it coming with all these low-carb recipes. If you missed any, here is a list of keto-friendly recipes I have shared on the blog:
– 3 Easy Cheesy Keto Recipes (Air-fryer & Waffle iron)
No need to thank me!
Let’s get down to the business of today – Keto Animal Style Fries
Ingredients Needed To Make The Keto Animal Style Fries
The ingredients for this recipe are simple and inexpensive.
For the Keto French Fries, you will need:
– Coconut flour (or almond flour)
– Xanthan gum
– Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
– Boiling water
– Olive oil, as desired
For the Secret Sweet Sauce, you will need:
– Pickle relish
– Distilled white vinegar
– No Sugar Added Tomato Ketchup
– Finely chopped onion
– Secret sweet sauce
– Low-carb ketchup, as a dipping
[See the recipe card for instructions on how to make the Keto Animal Style Fries}
How To Store
Wrap the fries in a plastic wrap or freezer bag and store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
When you are ready to cook, take it out of the fridge and let it cool to room temperature. To reheat, wrap with aluminum foil and heat in the microwave for 3-5 minutes.
Keto Animal Style Fries Recipe
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Rolling Pin
- Cutting board
- Mixing bowls
- Wooden spatula
- Kitchen tong
- Non-stick skillet
For the Keto French Fries:
- 50 grams of Coconut flour
- 3 teaspoons of Xanthan gum
- 1/3 of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 7 ½ tablespoons of Boiling water
- Olive oil, as desired
For the Secret Sweet Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon of Pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon of Distilled white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of No Sugar Added Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tablespoon of Mayonnaise
- Half a small onion, finely chopped
- Secret sweet sauce
- Low-carb ketchup, as a dipping
- Into a medium bowl, add the coconut flour, xanthan gum, and grated Parmesan cheese. Mix to thoroughly combine all the ingredients. Add the boiling water and mix some more until it forms a thick, dense paste.
- Using clean hands, roll the paste into a dough ball, wrap it tightly in a plastic wrap and let it sit for 15 minutes.
WHILE YOU WAIT, MAKE THE SECRET SWEET SAUCE
- Into a sauce bowl, add the pickle relish, distilled white vinegar, no sugar added tomato ketchup, and mayonnaise. Stir until a thick, creamy consistency is achieved. Set aside.
BACK TO THE DOUGH…
- Unwrap the dough ball, lay it on a cutting board, and press it flat with your palm. Then, use a rolling pin to flatten and evenly thin out the dough.
- Use a knife to slice the dough into thin, fries-like slices.
- Heat some olive oil in a skillet on medium-high heat. Once hot, add two slices of the french fries to see that the center is well cooked. Then, you can add in the rest of the french fries and let them fry until golden brown. Sprinkle a pinch of salt to add some flavor.
- Reduce the oil in the skillet. Add the chopped onions and saute for 3 minutes. Set aside.
AND NOW TO CONSTRUCT THE ANIMAL-STYLE FRENCH FRIES…
- Serve the keto french fries on a flat plate and add the sauteed onion on top. Drizzle the secret sweet sauce on the fries and some mustard if you want.
- Add a little low-carb ketchup into a small sauce bowl to serve as a dipping. Alternatively, you can use guacamole.
If you tried this recipe, do let me know in the comments. Take a picture and share it on social media to spread the word about the keto-friendly In-N-Out Animal Style Fries. Tag me @bobbyboydla on Instagram so that I can see it.