These Homemade McDonald’s Sausage McGriddle is super fluffy, creamy, and cheesy. The delicious meaty and umami flavors will have you craving for more.
I used to love going to McDonald’s drive-through with my girlfriend to order some Egg McMuffins and a super-sized M & M McFlurry. Then, the McGriddle came out – It is the super delicious and exciting version of Egg McMuffins, and I fell head over heels in love with it.
Now, there are mornings where I just wake up and crave a delicious breakfast sandwich… I can’t be the only one. Well, here is a Homemade McDonald’s Sausage McGriddle Recipe that helps me with my cravings and saves me time… Guess who is not driving to McDonald’s drive-through in their PJs? MEEEE.
For your sandwich cravings, see:
This Homemade McDonald’s Sausage McGriddle Recipe tastes even better than the original. Pancake, sausage, cheese, egg, and syrup… What else could you want?
Plus, It is super quick and easy. The ingredient list is simple.
Ingredients Needed To Make The McDonald’s Sausage McGriddle Recipe
For the Homemade McDonald’s Sausage McGriddle, you’ll need:
– Whole milk
– Melted butter
– Powdered buttermilk
– Vanilla extract
– Jimmy Dean AllNatural Pork Sausage
– Avocado oil spray
– Maple syrup
– American cheese slices
[See the recipe card for instructions on how to make the Homemade McDonald’s Sausage McGriddle]
Homemade McDonald’s Sausage McGriddle Recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Microwave or Double boiler
- Cutting board
- Frying pan
- Ladle spoon
- Jar lids
- 3/4 cup of Whole milk
- 1 large Egg
- 1 tablespoon of Butter
- 1 cup of Powdered buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon of Vanilla extract
- 1 Jimmy Dean AllNatural Pork Sausage
- Avocado oil spray
- Maple syrup, as desired
- American cheese slices
- Eggs, for as many McGriddles you make
- Into a medium bowl, measure in the whole milk, crack in the egg, and whisk to combine.
- Melt the butter in the microwave for 20 seconds. Set aside.
- Add the powdered buttermilk, drizzle in the vanilla extract and melted butter into the egg mix, and whisk until the mixture is smooth and creamy. That’s it! Your batter is ready.
MAKING THE SAUSAGE PATTY
- Cut the pork sausage in half and unwrap the first half. Cut it in two and use wet hands to beat it into flat sausage patties.
MAKING THE MCGRIDDLE
- Take an empty jar lid(s) and cut out the base so that you get something like a cookie-cutter.
- Place a frying pan on medium heat. Place the cookie cutter(s) (ahem, jar lid) right at the center and spray cooking oil on the frying pan.
- Use a ladle spoon to pour some pancake batter into the cut-out jar lid(s). Drizzle some maple syrup on top while it cooks. Let the pancake cook for 3-5 minutes, then flip to the other side to cook for another 3-5 minutes (depending on the thickness of the pancake).
- Add the sausage patties to the frying pan and let it sizzle and fry for 3-5 minutes on both sides. Place a slice of American cheese on each sausage patty and let it melt slightly for 3 minutes. Carefully take out the sausage patties with melted cheese and place them on a plate.
- Place the jar lid(s) back on the frying pan and crack an egg to sit right at the center of the jar lid. Let it cook for 3-5 minutes before flipping to the other side.
- Time to assemble the McGriddle. Place a pancake on a plate, layer with the sausage patty, add the egg atop and cover it up with another pancake. Drizzle maple syrup and serve while it’s hot.
When you take a bite of this sandwich, you’ll taste the egg, savory meat juice, sweet cheesy and fluffy, creamy pancakes immediately. The maple syrup adds an extra sweet flavor that’ll have you drooling for more and more.
It is perfect for small family gatherings or even big parties.
If you tried this recipe, do let me know in the comments. Take a picture and share it on social media. Tag me @bobbyboydla on Instagram so that I can see it.