I used to go to Disneyland 5 years in a row for New Year’s Eve with friends and family, and we’d always have a good time. They serve delicious foods right there; the steak on a stick by the end of Jones ride, the big giant corn dog, and the World-famous Disneyland grilled cheese sandwich.
It’s a shame that Disneyland is closed for now because of this shitty pandemic, and we can longer access their creamy, delicious menu.
Luckily, Disneyland started sharing some of their recipes on their blog to help us cope with their absence, and they recently shared the grilled cheese sandwich recipe from Woody’s Lunchbox at Disney’s Hollywood Studios. And now, I am sharing it with you too.
Ever wondered how they manage to make a simple sandwich so delicious? Try this Disneyland grilled cheese sandwich recipe to find out.
It is so extra, and I love it! First, you have to get the cream cheese spread ready, and the mayonnaise spread, then you build the sandwich with bread slices, sharp cheddar, and provolone cheese. Easy Peasy!
The Disneyland grilled cheese sandwich is the perfect comfort food for all seasons; Friends and family, especially the kids will love you forever. You can serve it up with some sides like tomato soup, roasted vegetables, coleslaw, potato fries or fruit salad, then you can wash it down with a tall cold glass of fresh fruit juice. Perfect!
Disneyland Grilled Three-Cheese Sandwich
- 2 Mixing bowls
- Food stand mixer or food processor
- Egg whisk
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Large cutting board
For Cream Cheese Spread:
- 1 (8 oz) Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar
- 4 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon white truffle salt
For Garlic Spread:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
For Grilled Cheese Sandwich:
- 4 slices sourdough
- 4 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- In the food stand mixer bowl, combine the cream cheese, shredded sharp cheddar, heavy whipping cream, and white truffle salt, and set the mixer to mix/whisk until it is smooth and thick. Your cream cheese spread is ready!
- In another mixing bowl, measure in the mayonnaise, garlic paste, kosher salt, and hand mix with an egg whisk to blend the ingredients together. And that’s for the garlic spread.
- Lay out the slices of bread on a large cutting board, place 2 slices of sharp cheddar cheese each on 2 of the bread slices, then place 2 slices of provolone cheese on the 2 remaining bread slices.
- Take a generous amount of the whipped cream cheese and spread it on the bread slices with the sharp cheddar.
- Press the sharp cheddar and provolone side together to form a sandwich. The cheese cream spread should be the gorgeous separation between the two different cheese slices.
- Spread some of the garlic spread on the opposite sides of the sandwich.
- Spray the saucepan with avocado oil, heat over medium-low heat. Place both sandwiches on the saucepan and grill each side for 3 minutes.
- After grilling both sides of the sandwich for 3 minutes each, the bread would come out golden brown and the cheese melted. Transfer the Disneyland grilled cheese sandwiches to a tray. Use a sharp knife to cut the sandwich in half and serve as you wish.
- The white truffle salt is my thing, you can leave it out if you want to.
- The sourdough is also my thing. If you can get your hands on artisan bread, please do.
So tell me, how’d you like this one? Did you tweak it to suit your taste or did you follow this recipe to the letter? Is there any other Disneyland recipe would you love me to try next?