Should I toss this over-ripe avocado in the trash? UHH NO! Make some Keto Avocado Chips instead.
Avocado Day 1: Not Ready
Avocado Day 2: Not Ready
Avocado Day 2 (3am): READY!!
Avocado Day 3: Too Ripe
Has this ever happened to you before? What did you do? Did you throw it away? DON’T. Let’s help you save your avocado by turning it into a healthy low carb snack you’d enjoy – Keto Avocado Chips
These Keto Avocado chips are super delicious, easy, and quick to make. They have a buttery and cheesy flavor (They taste just like guacamole!) you’d find hard to withdraw from. But no worries, you can eat as much as you like.
With only 2 net carbs per serving, they are the perfect healthy keto snack… A BIG Yes to guiltfree midnight snacking.
I bet you’ve already got all the ingredients you’ll need to make it; look in your pantry and fridge for a lemon, Parmesan cheese, garlic powder, and salt. That’s everything you need.
The 3 main ingredients, Avocado, Parmesan cheese and lemon, are very important and cannot be substituted. Here’s why:
Avocado is the star of the show because of its high fat, low carb content.
Parmesan cheese is the key ingredient that gives the chips its crisp. Naturally, Parmesan is a dry cheese. When it is baked, it becomes crispy. If you reduce the amount of cheese used in this recipe or substitute with another cheese, your chips would come out soft.
Lemon juice stops the avocado from getting bitter. Usually, when avocados are baked, they will start to develop a bitter flavor. The lemon conceals the bitter taste.
How to Make Keto Avocado Chips
- All the ingredients (except salt) are added into a mixing bowl and blended together by hand.
- Once the avocado mix is completely mashed and without lumps, the batter is spread out on a parchment-lined cookie sheet into thin circles. If you don’t spread the batter as thinly as possible, it will not crisp up properly, and it will take a longer time to bake.
- Throw it into the oven to bake for 35 minutes. And that’s it!
Tip: I got this cookie silicone baking mat with circles drawn on it. It made it super easy to space and shape the chips nicely. Please use it if you have it at home, but if you don’t, you can just line your cookie sheet with parchment paper.
Keto Avocado Chips Recipe
- Mixing bowl
- Parchment-lined cookie sheet
- 1 large Avocado ripened
- Half of a Lemon squeezed
- ¾ cup Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- ½ teaspoon Garlic seasoning
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Cut the avocado right in the middle and split it in half. Take out the seed and scoop out the avocado flesh using a knife into your large mixing bowl.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze the juice into the mixing bowl. Then, use a fork to mash the avocado and lemon juice until there are no lumps of avocado.
- Measure in the shredded parmesan cheese and garlic seasoning into the bowl and continue to mix all the ingredients.
- Scoop a spoonful of the avocado mix onto a portion of the parchment-lined cookie sheet and flatten it into a thin circle. Repeat with the rest of the mixture.
- Place your cookie sheet into the oven and allow it to bake for 35 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Fresh out of the oven, sprinkle some salt to taste all over the chips. Serve with a bowl of organic salsa, favorite keto-friendly dipping sauce, or top with your favorite cheese.
If you would like to save up leftover chips for later, store it in an airtight container in the pantry for up to 4 days. Make sure the chips are completely dried to stop them from getting soggy and growing molds. Please don’t freeze the chips – it’ll end up badly.
Did you enjoy this Keto Avocado Chips recipe? Let’s talk in the comments. Also, here’s another keto-friendly recipe you’d love – Low carb Mac and Cheese with Cauliflower.