Hey guys, so I’ve got here my version of the famous Tik Tok Smash Burger.
I’ve been eating a cheeseburger at least once a week my whole life. I love burgers… unapologetically! So, Jason and I were talking about Tiktok and the famous smash burger that everybody is doing, and I was like: Hey, let’s smash some burgers.
And here we are! The best smash burger recipe on the block, it can literally start a party in your mouth… The softness, juiciness, burst of flavors, the sweet cheesy and creamy taste; it’s gonna be love at first bite. I’m bragging this much because of the secret burger sauce recipe I’d also be sharing with you. Yup! I’d be sharing my secret burger sauce recipe FOR FREE!
Know this, the secret to a mouthwatering burger is in the Sauce.
I had seen many Tik Tokers cook up some tasty looking burger sauces and I was inspired. Some got blasted for their ingredient choices and cooking process, but all that didn’t matter to me. For me, it’s all about having fun doing YOU! Building your burger just the way you like it, so feel free to add any of your favorite toppings to do this. The spotlight of this recipe is on the beef and burger sauce.
You already have most of the ingredients for the burger sauce right there in your home, and if you don’t, you can grab them from the closest supermarket to you. That said, let’s dive into the recipe.
Bobby’s Smash Burger Recipe
- Chopping board
- Measuring cups and spoon
- Griddle pan
- Mixing bowl
- Large Skillet
- 2 Stainless-steel spatulas
- 1 pound|454 grams ground beef
- Kosher salt to taste
- Ground black pepper to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 5 burger buns
- 5 American cheese slices
- 1 large red tomato rings
- 50 g lettuce leaves chopped
- 1 small onion rings
- 10 dill pickles (optional)
For Smash Burger Secret Sauce:
- ½ cup of mayo
- ¼ cup of ketchup
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 Lemon
- 1 dill pickle chopped
- 25 g Fresh Chives finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- I large onion chopped
- Let’s start with prepping the patties. Transfer the ground beef into a big bowl and use wet hands to roll them into meatballs. Arrange them nicely on a tray and keep them refrigerated while you prepare the sauce.
- Time to get started on the special sauce: Measure the mayo, ketchup, and yellow mustard into a big bowl, cut the lemon in 1 ½ and squeeze the juice from the smaller half into the mix. Sprinkle in the chopped dill pickle and finely chopped chives, also put in the garlic paste, paprika, and a handful of onions. Mix well with a spoon and set aside.
- It’s now time to make the patties. Take them out of the refrigerator. Place a large non-stick skillet on medium-high heat, and space the rolled meatballs. No oil used here; the deal is to cook the meat using its own tasty juices.
- Now, as soon as the meat begins to sizzle, smash (press down) them with a spatula till they are extra flat. And as it cooks, sprinkle some salt, pepper, and garlic powder to taste … watch the meat absorb that flavor!
- As the patties continue to cook, place the American cheese slice atop them, and watch that melt slightly. Now you’ve got to speed things up and multitask a little. Place some onion rings in the skillet to fry/toast a little. Do it for the flavor!
- Time to finish this! Toast the top and bottom parts of the burger bun on a griddle pan, and please do this on medium-low heat so that it doesn’t burn or get too dry and stiff.
- After toasting for about 3 minutes, place the top and bottom buns facing up; spread some of the burger sauce on the top bun, carefully place 2 tomato rings at the center, sprinkle some chopped lettuce, and drizzle some more burger sauce on it.
- Even though there’s already dill pickles in the burger sauce, you still can place 2 dill pickles on the top bun. This is optional, so you can skip this if you are not a pickle lover.
- For the bottom bun, spread some of the burger sauce on it… Not too much though, since we already used enough in the top bun. Then, place the smashed patties et slightly melted cheese, and some of the toasted onion rings. Looks pretty huh?
- Now, carefully place the top bun over the bottom. And, your smash burger is ready!
- Take out your meat and let it sit for 30 minutes before frying your patties.
- When placing the rolled beef on the skillet to cook, make sure there’s enough space for when you smash them.
This smash burger is an experience! I didn’t miss the chance to enjoy my smash burger with a cold bottle of coke. I really feel like I need to open my own burger shop, we’d call it, Bobby’s Smash Burgers—buy 1 burger and get a free bottle of diet coke… Just Kidding! Or should I just sell this not-so-secret secret burger sauce recipe to a food franchise? I’d try not to overthink this, you tell me, having tasted my special recipe, what do you think? How’d rate this smash burger recipe on a Scale of 0 – 10?